If you are a person who loves to use the iOS Notes app on your iPad, then you will definitely find the newly introduced pinning feature to be very helpful. This innovative new iOS note feature enables iPad and iPhone users to pin notes to the Notes list’s top. This means that users will not have to scroll through the lengthy list of notes on their device to access a certain note.
Pinning notes is very easy, but the downfall is that just like all other noticeable iOS features, it is hidden behind a swipe gesture, which means that users will find it a little bit difficult to find out this option. Below are a few simple set of steps that will explain how to pin notes on an iPad for quick and easier access.
- Unlock your iPad and locate the Notes app on your device.
- Once you have opened the app, scroll down, and find the note that you want to pin to the top of your Notes
- You will now need to swipe right on the selected note to pin it.
- An icon that looks exactly like a pin will now appear on the screen of your tablet. Tap on it to pin the selected note right to the top of the notes list.
If you wish, to pin more notes to the Notes list’s top, select each one of them and then simply follow the same set of procedure. However, if you decide that you longer want to pin a certain note to the top of the list, then you can unpin it by following these set of steps.
- Swipe right on the note you wish to unpin from the list.
- You will now need to tap on the pin icon.
- This will automatically remove the pinned note from the Notes list of your iPad.
If you wish to unpin more notes from the top of the list, repeat the same set of steps with other notes. iPad users who are not able to find the new pinning and unpinning iOS feature on their tablet should update their device to the latest available software system update, as it might help them to solve the issue. If you have no idea on how to update your device to the latest software update, seek the help of a professional tablet repair technician.