One of the major advantages of using an Android tablet is that it offers a world of excellent applications to us. These apps allow us to make the most of our devices and to carry out many tasks with ease. Studies conducted by experts revealed that people prefer to use a tablet to browse the web instead of using a computer.
You can find plenty of browsers for your Android tablet on the Google Play Store. In addition to that, there will also be a preinstalled internet browser on the tablet. However, several Android tablet users often get bored with the preinstalled browser in their tablet and may wish to change the default browser. Unfortunately, most of them have no idea on how to change the default browser of the tablet. Below is how you can do this.
- Go to the home screen of your Android tablet and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll through the Settings menu until you see the Application Manager option. Tap on the option.
- From the Application Manager screen, find an All column.
- Choose the current internet browser in your Android tablet, which will most likely be the Google Chrome web browser.
- Scroll down the App info screen until you find the Launch by default icon.
- Click on Clear defaults. After completing this step, you will be able to see that the message Launch by default automatically changes from “This app is set to open by default for some 6 actions” to “No defaults set”.
- When you try to open a new link, an automatic pop-up will be displayed on the screen of the tablet, which will ask you to select a default web browser for the Android tablet. All you have to do is to select an internet browser of your choice.
If you strictly follow these steps without any mistakes, you will be able to change the default web browser on your Android tablet without encountering any errors. However, if you lack the expertise to complete these set of steps on your own, it is best to get in touch with an Android tablet technician, as they will be able to complete the task effortlessly.