AirPlay is a useful feature found in an iPad that lets you stream content to Apple TV or Mac. AirPlay Mirroring, on the other hand, allows you to fully mirror the display into the TV or any AirPlay enabled device. It is useful especially if you are intent on enjoying the contents of your device on a larger display such as a TV or Mac. Besides, the AirPlay feature also allows you to wirelessly stream music into compatible speaker systems.
Instead of using Bluetooth, AirPlay uses the Wi-Fi connectivity included in the device that will offer much better range. The AirPlay feature has numerous other uses such as using your iPad for any kind of presentations or demos, or for screen casting videos and photos. Using the AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring feature is much easier and only requires the right method to enable the feature and connect the device.
One of the first steps to using the AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring feature on your iPad is to check the WiFi connection. The two devices, for instance, the Apple TV as well as the iPad, must remain connected to the same WiFi network. Note that the Apple TV version must be a second or third generation in order to use the AirPlay feature. Below is how to use the AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring feature in your iPad.
Using AirPlay Feature
- To use AirPlay feature on your iPad, open the Control Center by swiping from the bottom of the screen. This will display the Control Center tab and swipe horizontally to locate the Now Playing
- Select the device that you want to AirPlay the contents to such as Apple TV from the list of available devices. Choose the device that you want to AirPlay the content.
- Tap on the AirPlay button and the device that you want to stream the content from the list of available devices.
Using AirPlay Mirroring
- For using the AirPlay Mirroring feature, connect your iPad and the AirPlay enabled device like Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Control Center by swiping from the bottom portion of the screen. This will bring up the Control Center tab on the display.
- Tap on the AirPlay Mirroring option in the Control Center, which will bring up a list of available devices. Select the required device that you want to mirror your iPad content.
- In case your Apple TV displays an AirPlay passcode, enter it on your iPad for starting the mirroring process.