Apple tablet users buy a wide variety of content such as TV shows, movies, and music files, from the iTunes store on their device. However, some iPad users often encounter a few issues when they are downloading these files on their device. If you are experiencing any glitches too, you might be probably wondering how to resolve the issue.
The download of the iTunes files to your iPad might have been stopped because of any one of the following issues.
- iTunes stopped before the download of files was completed
- iTunes lost the connection to the internet
- Your iPad automatically restarted during the download
- Slow internet connection
- A third party application blocked the download
The first thing you should do is to try to resume the downloading of the content once again, but you will have to use a reliable high-speed internet connection for that. In addition, you should also ensure that there is enough space on the internal storage memory of your device before you start. If you are still unable to complete the download, below is how to restart interrupted iTunes downloads on an iPad.
On an iPad
- Open the iTunes app on your iPad.
- Now, gently tap on the More option at the bottom of your iPad screen and then click Downloads.
- If you have not yet purchased any items from the iTunes, you will not be able to see anything in the Downloads However, purchased and paused download files will be listed here.
- Enter your personal Apple ID and password if prompted.
- Locate the item or file that you want to resume or restart. Now, tap the blue download arrow to restart the downloading.
On a PC or Mac
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- If you have not signed into iTunes, enter your personal Apple ID followed by your password.
- Choose Account, followed by Check For Available Downloads from the menu bar at the top corner of your PC.
- Now, click on View Account to automatically restart the downloading.
- Wait for a few minutes and ensure that the files are completely downloaded.
If you are still not able to download the purchased items from iTunes, seek the help of an Apple Care technician for further assistance.