The built-in apps that are included in your iPad are good for a number of basic tasks. However, if you are a person who is trying to make the most of his/her tablet, then you should certainly download and install a few apps on your tablet. There are plenty of apps in the Apple App Store that enable you to do a number of things on your device such as watching movies, playing games, accessing social media sites, and a lot more. However, many average iPad users have no idea on how to download apps to their iPad.
There are three ways to get apps onto your Apple tablet:
- By using iTunes
- Through the App Store app on your tablet
- Via iCloud
Follow these steps if you are planning to use iTunes for installing install apps on your iPad.
- Connect your iPad to your computer or laptop.
- Open iTunes.
- Click the iPad icon in the top left corner of iTunes.
- Select Apps on the iPad management screen.
- Now you will be able to see all the iPad apps on the computer screen.
- Click Install on an app to download and install it.
- Do the same for rest of the apps that you want to install on your iPad.
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom right corner of iTunes before you disconnect your iPad from the computer.
If you want to use the App Store to get apps for your tablet, then follow these simple set of steps.
- Open the App Store app on your iPad.
- Search for the app that you want to install.
- Tap on any app, and select Get in the pop-up box.
- Select Install to download and install the app. Note that you might have to enter your Apple ID for some apps.
Some iPad tablet users prefer to use iCloud to re-download previously uninstalled apps on their iPad. If you are among them, then here are the steps that you will have to follow to download apps to your iPad through iCloud.
- Open the App Store app on your tablet.
- Select the Purchased
- Now tap on the Not on This iPad option, as it will enable you to see the apps that are not currently installed on your device.
- The apps that are available for re-download will be listed on the screen.
- Tap on the Download button when you find an app that you want.
- Enter your Apple ID if prompted.